I've been away for a couple of weeks, and am now playing catch-up with piles of email and news.
I can't remember ever taking 2 consecutive weeks off any time in the last 11 years that I've been working (though I may have at some point). I've certainly never taken a week off without having any solid plans for it - and it's been fab.
Things I did:
- Aikido summer school (for the first week)
- Sat around reading a lot: finished The Amber Spyglass (and started Freakonomics)
- Wandered out for Officer Lurve's birthday
- Added a new dish to my repertoire - a fishy one!
- Had lunch and moquito at Havanas
- Took a gander round Sophie's residence-in-waiting
- Went out for a messy indie night at Audio with Donovan and Sam
- Recovered from the above. For about 24 hours.
- Popped into work briefly for a couple of important chats.
- Had an outdoor Aikido class on the grass of Wild Park, necessitated by vandals breaking into the karate club where we train on Thursdays: but "Airenjuku Karate Club"? Someone can't use google to fact-check...
- Went up to London, visited the Science Museum, Natural History Museum, Nordic Bar and Ping Pong
- Started rebuilding David's web site (with guilt trip assisted by finally getting the piece he'd done for me mounted in the hallway)
- Saw Vic and her band play another gig at the Sanctuary Cafe
- Went running regularly (not quite every day, but nearly)
- Bit the bullet and upgraded to a K800i. First impressions: nice, but the camera optics aren't as great as I expected and it's a teeensy bit large. I am officially weaned off Nokia, though (sorry Nokia folks).
Lots of people have been busy this week too:
- Nan and Nige were joined by their firstborn, Rory Brady Hosker
- Mr Falletti expanded his personal empire: Luca has a new baby brother, Leo
- Jay and Emm transmogrified, G-force style, into Mr and Mrs Caines-Gooby
- On a more mundane note, my dad's been transforming the hallways of Rosehill (a job only 5 years overdue thanks to my own procrastination), and we had a slight but temporary planning setback in our efforts to remodel the bathroom...
And I failed to get around to:
- Playing with the X10 home automation kit I bought when reading Everyware got me excited
- Visiting Kew Gardens
- Catching up with Mrs Komorowski
Back to work tomorrow, and whilst it's been a lovely break, I'm actually rather excited about getting stuck into FP things again. I've had a chance to think and refresh myself.