- Only 21.3% of WURFL users surveyed have never contributed to it.
- It's used in the vast majority of cases by application developers (perhaps because they tend to be smaller and can more readily admit to using it - we know of lots of large organisations who use the WURFL, but quite quietly).
- Overwhelmingly it's used for browser-based services.
- Half of those surveyed use not just the WURFL data itself, but one of the bundled APIs.
- Nearly half of respondents patch it with their own data - but fewer than this contribute regularly: naughty!
- 95% of users rate the WURFL quality as average or better. 65% give it 4 or more out of 5. The WURFL gets similar marks for quality of data.
- If it wasn't for the WURFL, most folks would be using an in-house solution. So it's clearly saving lots of people time and money.
Thanks to all who responded, and to SurveyMonkey for hosting the survey.