A load more gaming and play-related links that I'm just not getting around to writing about:
- Pac-man and modern art mix well
- Waiting for the naughty sorceress: "Delightful moments of nonsense pervade every aspect of this game."
- Russell on marketing Go as a hot new game, something which (as his commenters point out) Hikaru no Go seemed to do quite well; I really enjoyed all the episodes of this that I've gotten round to watching so far. I'm been playing Go with a few people once a month for just over a year now, and it's something I'd really like to put more time into.
- Beautiful-looking cultivation game (via Mr Jones): "A community of players working together to compensate the real pollution and eyesores of a city by planting and taking care of virtual flowers and other plants on a virtual data layer superimposed on the city."
- Will Wright on The Sims: "Players can use the game as a tool for communicating with other people."
- Virtual game items sold for real money: "Earlier this year economists calculated that these massively multi-player online role-playing games (MMORPGs) have a gross economic impact equivalent to the GDP of the African nation of Namibia."